ROMAN P. DE JESUSOceanography
ESC 130 LF Intro to Oceanography: Field Experience
From the catalog: This course engages students in field studies of geological, physical, chemical, and biological processes in a variety of marine habitats as well as instruction in oceanographic research techniques. Includes field trips.
Updated for Fall 2020
CRN 11550 Aug. 25 – Oct. 13
CRN 12882 Oct. 20 – Dec. 8
ESC 130 LF – Online (remote) Class Format
During Fall 2020, this field course will be modified for a remote setting. The field/lab course will meet remotely twice per week (approx. 60-75 mins each). Virtual or self guided field trips will be presented with students interpreting data and completing small group work.
- Asynchronous – students complete on their own:
- Reading assignment and quiz
- Lecture videos
- Virtual or self-guided field trips may be assigned
- Students will view or review a virtual field trip
- Data collected from the field trip will be presented
- In small groups or individually, students begin assignment
- Assignments may be completed outside meeting times
Required reading assignments will be assigned through Canvas. No textbook requirement.