Roman P. de Jesus PhD.Professor, Oceanography/Earth Sciences
Welcome to my Fullerton College faculty website.
Online (O01) designates a fully online course with no regularly scheduled meetings.
Hybrid (H01) designates limited (once per week) scheduled meetings via Zoom with online work.
Synchronous/ZOOM (001) designates regularly scheduled meetings via Zoom which are similar to face-to-face courses.
- ESC 130 – Intro to Oceanography (Hybrid and Online)
- ESC 130 LF – Oceanography Field Experience (Synchronous/ZOOM)
- ESC 101 – Earth Science Survey (Online)
FOR SPRING 2021, the general format of each course is as follows:
- ESC 130 F Intro to Oceanography – Hybrid will meet on Zoom once per week on Wednesdays.
- This meeting will be used to answer questions, offer introductions to topics, and begin/complete written assignments.
- Optional Monday Zoom meetings will allow students to ask questions and work together to complete assignments.
- Asynchronous reading assignments, lectures and quizzes will be available through Canvas.
- Recommended textbooks: Investigating Oceanography, Sverdrup and Kudela, 3rd or 4th ed. -OR- Introduction to Ocean Science avail. at https://reefimages.com/oceansci.php
- ESC 130 LF Oceanography Field Exp. (Lab) will meet synchronously once per week. Students will complete lab assignments during the normal lab period.
- ESC 101 and ESC 130 Online courses will have two mandatory meetings at the beginning and end of the semester. Several days/times will be offered to accommodate student schedules. All course work will be completed through Canvas.
Phone: 714.992.7462 (Office)
Email me to set up a Zoom meeting.
Learning to Learn
Natural Sciences Resources